Thursday, January 7, 2010

First day

Dolly Parton was the subject on biography tonight. Got curious and "Googled" her. She was born in Serierville, TN, the forth of twelve children. If you can believe what you read, her family was dirt poor. They lived in a one-room cabin in Locust Ridge, TN. She turns sixty-four this month.

I would think Dolly doesn't have to worry about money any more. What a luxury. Dolly is blessed.

Every time I "Google" something, I think about my friend Luigi in Italy. My wife and I spent three wonderful weeks there in the fall of 2006. We met and became friends with a couple there. Luigi and Claudia. He was an MD in Rome. My wife was having trouble sleeping with the seven hour time change. She asked me to ask Luigi if he could write her a prescription for a few sleeping pills. He asked me which one she wanted. I think I said Ambien. He said he could do it but he needed the generic name not the brand name. I told him I didn't have a clue. He said it was simple and proceeded to pronounce Google in phonetical Italian. He said
"google lay."

1 comment: