Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Leap Year" thoughts

My wife Linda and I went to see "Young Victoria" last night. I dropped Linda off at the front door of the Cinemark since it was about 8 degrees outside and went to park the car. When Linda got to the the ticket window, "Young Victoria" was sold out and she made the unilateral decision for us to see "Leap Year." Being a kind, loving and attentive husband, I accompanied Linda to a movie I didn't want to see. I don't have anything against romantic comedies / chick flicks. Who doesn't like fairy tales? I like "Pretty Woman." When I looked through the movie section earlier last night when we were trying to decide which movie we were going to see, the Chicago Tribune gave "Leap Year" one and a half stars. The add for it didn't have one positive review included in it. Another bad sign. The critics were right. Save your money. It pains me to say this since I like Amy Adams but... Jesus couldn't have saved this movie.

Aside from a few twists and turns, we all know how a movie like "Leap Year" is going to end. Every once in a great great while someone like Tom Hanks has the guts to kill the dog. Killing the dog wouldn't help this movie. I wouldn't recommend renting it on DVD either. it isn't worth $4.00. If you insist on seeing it, wait for cable.

No comments:

Post a Comment